Your South Padre Fishing Vacation Guide
South Padre Island offers a Texas fishing vacation unlike anywhere else! Our barrier island is truly an anglers paradise where the fishing spots are endless, from the deep sea to easily accessible fishing piers. Whether you want to join a local guide or discover the best South Padre fishing spots on your own, we have you covered! Blue Ocean Vacation Rentals is the ideal option to host your fishing vacation. Many of our spacious properties offer fully equipped kitchens so you can prepare your catch after a day on the water. Embark on the fishing vacation of your dreams on beautiful South Padre Island!
General Information About South Padre Fishing
South Padre Island offers incredible inshore and offshore fishing opportunities for anglers. Surrounded by the Gulf of Mexico and the Laguna Madre, you can experience saltwater and deep-sea fishing during the same fishing trip! Depending on what type of fish you are after, you can choose from saltwater, deep-sea, and shore fishing locations.
- Saltwater Fishing: The Laguna Madre offers exceptional saltwater fishing in the bay. Common fish found here include redfish, trout, whiting, drum, and snapper.
- Deep-Sea Fishing: The Gulf of Mexico is the perfect place for deep sea fishing in Texas. Reel in triggerfish, shark, kingfish, tuna, and much more!
- Shore Fishing: The jetties and piers are excellent and easy spots to fish from the shore. We recommend starting at The Jetties at Isla Blanca Park. You will mainly be fishing for redfish, speckled trout, and flounder.
Fishing Charters & Local Guides
Signing up for a fishing charter is an excellent way to learn about the best fishing spots on the island from locals who fish here every day! Charters and local guides also provide everything you need for a day on the water, with rods, tackle, and life vests. Here are a few of the fantastic charters on the island:
- Captain Murphys Deep Sea Fishing: Embark on a deep-sea fishing charter with Captain Murphy in search of red snapper, tuna, dorado, and shark! Make sure you have a Texas saltwater fishing license, and call 956-761-2764 for more information.
- Always A Catch SPI Fishing Charters: Join Captain Dave Edwards for a fishing charter on the Gulf of Mexico or Laguna Madre Bay. Families and fishing beginners are welcome on any of the trips! Fish for speckled trout, redfish, snook, and black drum in the bay.
- SPI Fish Killer Charters: This South Padre Island fishing charter has a trip for everyone. Choose from bay fishing, nearshore, and offshore fishing, depending on your interests.
South Padre Island Vacation Rentals
After a memorable day of South Padre fishing, it’s time to enjoy your catch of the day! Prepare your fish in your Blue Ocean Vacation Rental or stop at one of the local restaurants to cook your catch. Bring your fish to Blackbeards or Cap’n Roy’s, and they will prepare you fish for you fried, grilled, or blackened. Browse our 49 South Padre Island vacation rentals and discover the perfect lodging for your fishing vacation. Your new favorite fishing destination awaits on South Padre Island!